KL (Kuala Lumpur) Gin Smash
This is great to cool off those hot tropical KL nights!
Servings: 1 Person
- 1oz Lemongrass Syrup
- 1.5oz - 2oz Gin (you can use 1oz Sake and reduce gin for added depth)
- 1oz Calamansi Lime (Key Lime or equal parts Mandarin/Orange & Regular Lime as an alternative)
- 4 - 5 Clapped Thai Basil / Mint
- Pinch of Foodscout Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Smoked Sea Salt
- Soda to top it off
To make Lemongrass Syrup:
- Combine equal parts sugar and water in a pot.
- Add 2-3 stalks of lemongrass and bring to a boil, ensuring all sugar has dissolved.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15 mins.
- Turn off heat and let steep for another 30 mins.
- Strain and let cool.
- Keeps in the fridge up to a month.
For the Cocktail:
- Add Lemongrass Syrup, Gin, Calamansi in a shaker with ice.
- Give it a hard shake and strain over ice in an old fashioned glass.
- Add some soda to top off the drink.
- Garnish with some Thai Basil / Mint clapped between your hands.
- Garnish with a Pinch of Foodscout Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Smoked Sea Salt.
- Yam Seng!
Don't forget to follow us on Instagram @Foodscoutinc